Installing Power BI On-Premise Server31-05-2019 0 Comment(s)
The Power BI On-Premise server is a real and true BI report Portal is a tried and proven reporting portal solutions for your organization. Coming from a long history of enterprise reporting from the SQL Server Reporting Services reporting portal, Microsoft has done a great job by improving SSRS web portal.
Power BI On-Premise server’s functionality is almost the same as the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services web portal. The only difference between the two as of the latest version this article was written is the Power Bi On-Premise portal can host pbix files from Power BI Desktop.
Before installing the Report Server please see if the required minimum system specification is met for the target machine.
Here is a short guide to install and deploy the On-Premise web portal:
1. Download the Power BI Report Server on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/ after downloading run the Power BI Report Server Installer.
2. Click on Install. Then choose the edition of the server. If your company has purchased an enterprise license just enter the product key. For the free edition there is 180 days free trial or developer edition. After choosing the options click next.
3. The license terms and conditions will appear, read it and tick the checkbox. Click next after ticking the checkbox.
4. After clicking next you need to specify the location of the report portal. The default location was on drive c: . We advice you to put the portal’s install location on the same location with a different folder if you are installing the web portal on a application server.
5. Once the setup is completed, you will be given an option to manually configure the report server. To manually configure the report server click configure report server.
6. The report server configuration manager will appear. Go to Web Service Url tab and configure. If your server already have an existing installation of SSRS report portal, you have to change the port. Once finished with the configuration click apply. The configuration manager will then reserve ports and set url of the portal.
7. Once the configuration manager is done. You can either click on the report service url or manual type the url on the browser.
No Comments to Show